Analyst Briefing: Understanding the New TV Viewer
Delivered by Strategy Analytics
Tuesday 20 MARCH 2018
11:30 – 13:00
We all know that the world of TV and video is going through a period of rapid transformation but how are viewers themselves adapting to this new landscape? How do they make decisions about what to watch, how to watch, when to watch, when so many more choices are available? There are many factors which could affect people’s overall enjoyment of a video service: which ones are most important in persuading customers to use and pay for them?
This session will present thought-provoking research from Strategy Analytics’ leading analysts in user experience and consumer insights. It will address key questions such as:
- What drives the consumption of video across platforms?
- What new behaviors are emerging as video consumption evolves across social media platforms?
- What type of video experience do Binge Watchers, Content Scavengers and Multi-Platform Discoverers want?
- How does the current video experience disappoint users? What are the pain-points?
- What do users consider to be the optimal content discovery solution?
Attendees will hear independent perspectives and research-based evidence about the impact of TV’s transformation in the real world as well as recommendations on how the industry should respond to these findings.