The UEX imperative: making yourself the 'go-to' service
The premium video entertainment universe is growing, and platform and channel owners must be at the centre of it. We investigate the UEX-based opportunities to become the ‘go-to guy’: the super-aggregator in a world of multiple apps, and the discovery agent of choice when people are using AI-based voice assistants. You will hear how dramatically enriched metadata could revolutionise content discovery.
Wednesday 21 March 2018
11:30 – 13:00
How to increase viewer engagement, harnessing the AI-inspired metadata revolution
- The use of face, speech and object recognition to generate new and rich metadata cost-effectively
- Searching for favourite stars and topics, and the automatic and real-time creation of snackable video clips based on viewer interest
- Using ‘Deep Content Understanding’ to connect different content within programme
- The auto-creation of Episodic Images that best reflect a VOD asset or TV programme
CEO, Media Distillery
Delivering the best all-round customer experience across the broadest video offering
- The increasing reliance on broadband, Wi-Fi, apps integrations, BYOD devices and mobile networks to deliver great TV experiences
- Using a Customer Experience (CX) engine to improve our standing with customers across multiple service and technical touchpoints
- How a focus on CX helps to improve the video UX (User Experience) across every screen and network
- Our work to become the go-to location for viewers seeking time-shifted and binge-worthy content on TV sets, including via third-party apps
- The market opportunity for service providers who guarantee the best all-around experience across the broadest video offer found in one place.
CTO, Com Hem
Undiscovered: User Experience for the Next Generation
- Moving from a world where ‘Content is King’ to one where ‘Consumer Experience is King’
- Outlining the emerging UX challenges (and solutions!) that lie ahead for TV operators looking to differentiate in an increasingly crowded market place
- Why personalising the user experience for every viewer is more important than ever – and how to go about achieving this, in real-time
- How to bolster the bottom line by removing the engineering overhead typically associated with multi-device UI changes
Director of Product Marketing and Communications, Massive Interactive
Ensuring YouView is the entertainment ‘discovery platform’ of choice
- The opportunity to aggregate an expanding content universe in one place, from linear to on-demand Players and subscription Apps
- Voice commands and conversational discovery as the new UEX frontier: What happens when you offer ‘Hands-free TV’
- Experiences working with the Alexa Video Skill API, including the use of broadcaster metadata to power contextual voice search
- How our cloud platform enables the fast, ongoing backoffice and client-side innovations needed to maintain UEX leadership
- In homes shared with Amazon, Google and Apple, can TV operators remain the entertainment ‘discovery platform’ of choice?
Sion Wynn Jones
Product Director, YouView
Panel: Making sure you are the ‘go-to’ service in a growing entertainment universe
- Is there a race to become the ‘super-aggregator’ of video apps, online or on the STB, and what will decide the winners?
- Machine learning can automatically generate rich new metadata: how will it improve content discovery in ways consumers notice?
- How will ‘Hands-free TV’ change user behaviour, and where can you differentiate a voice control and conversational search experience?
- In a world of voice-assisted AI ecosystems, each filled with video service ‘skills’, how do you become the go-to TV discovery agent?
- How can Augmented Reality enrich the user interface; How will we discover and navigate content within Virtual Reality television?
- Can the platform operator UI/UX become our interface with Smart Home services, and what ‘applications’ should you prioritise?