VP, Product and Platforms, Amobee
Sustaining the ad-supported TV model
Wednesday 27 March 2019
11:00 – 13:00
Ad-supported TV needs to prove its audiences and engagement levels across all screens before it can claim ad revenues for them, so we explore the data and measurement solutions that make this possible. Experts will consider how we prove the effectiveness of TV advertising by matching on-screen exposure to subsequent consumer behaviours – giving TV the chance to match the ‘attribution’ that marketers like about non-broadcaster digital environments. We explore ways to fully monetize the value of broadcaster digital simulcasts, including how you use ad-insertion and targeting at the scale needed for the biggest live events.
How data is making TV even more effective
- Whether advertising is changing the role and objectives of television
- How the walled gardens approach is limiting growth
- How data and collaboration can grow the TV ecosystem
- The benefits of discovering the viewers’ identity and who’s watching what
- Does ad-supported TV increase value to the customers?
VP EMEA, dataxu
Case study: Drive to web analysis of linear TV advertising
- An analysis of real advertising campaigns and their impact on a product’s web traffic
- Will an expensive live TV campaign drive website visitors for brands?
- An overview of a variety of major campaigns including products and services in transport, assurance and power industries
- Results from a real life research study from campaigns at Orange
Panel: Exploring the innovations that can safeguard TV advertising budgets
- The new generation of ‘Total TV’ audience measurement systems will count multiscreen viewing and prove incremental audience reach – what impact for buyer confidence and investments?
- Is audience-based buying – where you look beyond demographics to target audience segments based on behaviour, need-state, attitude and lifestyle – a game-changer for classic linear TV?
- Can we create additional, non-interruptive inventory that is acceptable to consumers: ads that display during ‘pause’, side-bar overlays during channel tune-in, companion screen experiences…
- What technologies will show the impact TV advertising has on consumer behaviour, from website visits to store purchases, and how do we accurately attribute the ‘lift’ in activity?
- There are multiple initiatives to make data-driven buying of broadcast TV easier, including Sky/Virgin addressable, OpenAP and Australia’s VOZ: do we need collaboration to capture budget?
- What are the priority technologies and processes to help marketers plan and manage campaigns across any TV screen, and maximise the combined impact of TV plus digital?
- Digital advertising can target light TV viewers, helping to ‘top-up’ a TV campaign –could addressable TV take over this function and so keep budget in the TV ecosystem?
Sustaining the ad-supported TV model
- How advanced TV brings deeper levels of data and profiling than traditional demographics – what is possible today and tomorrow
- New data sources that help you improve reach and frequency management, including from TV manufacturers, next-gen STBs and digital
- How better data, reach and frequency management underpin more relevant ad experiences to new or under-exposed audiences
- The integrations with analytics and data management platforms that maximise the value of data for planning, audience profiling and targeting
Senior Manager, TV Partnerships, Adobe
Strategies to future proof TV for advertisers
- Ensuring that the data and insight about TV effectiveness is readily available to advertisers
- Understanding the true impact of BVOD