27 March 2019
14:00 – 15:30
- Improving streaming technologies, including improved compression efficiency and ultra-low latency OTT
- Making it easier and faster to process and distribute content to dozens of digital services, removing the ceiling on digital innovation
- How to make the apps creation, maintenance and update lifecycle more manageable, and making it easier to change the UX and content inside them.
- Minimising the lifetime cost and burden of TVE/OTT/DTC services, and improving their agility, including the role of the cloud and SaaS
- Exploring the potential for AI across the television enterprise, from network functions to extracting rich metadata from content, to recognising sports action that should be ‘highlighted’
- Technical solutions to combat piracy, including preventing illegal redistribution, and ways to deter or harness password sharing
- Making metadata and metadata workflows fit for the 21st century, with the aim of reducing cost and complexity and encouraging content innovations
- Providing affordable customer-care in the OTT environment – innovative ways to engage consumers and solve their problems.