Tuesday 15 June 2021
10:10 - 10:55 BST
- What impact will Pay TV and D2C onboarding partnerships have: boost share-of-attention for channel groups; boost NPS and loyalty for platforms; increase total television ARPU from a Pay TV home?
- What is the UX best practice that ensures that once a platform owner has onboarded a streaming service, it becomes the preferred gateway to that content collection, ahead of other platforms and devices?
- What are the technology building blocks and back-office processes that underpin a successful apps onboarding strategy, and how do we make it affordable for every platform and for every content owner?
- What does next-generation sports content discovery look like in a Pay TV environment as streamers acquire more rights – and matches, documentaries and related content can be found everywhere?
- What is the purpose of linear channels once a studio offers a D2C app on a Pay TV platform – are they for the casual fan, the channel zapping app-refusenik, are they promotional gold-dust, or just legacy tech?
- Is bundling and discounting of subscription streaming apps the next big move in Pay TV, and can operators generate incentives that are superior to ‘rival’ apps aggregators, and how?
- What are the biggest lessons so far from onboarding popular apps into television platforms – anything we can improve upon as we move forwards?
Analyst & Advisor, Technology, Media & Telecoms
Chief Digital and Marketing Officer
Senior Product Manager
Swisscom blue TV