Wednesday 16 June 2021
11:05 - 11:40 BST
- As ad-funded broadcast TV audiences stream more of their television, how do we stop them drifting to ad-free environments?
- A media buyer hears about a new ad-funded streaming service with apparently great audiences – what practical barriers could prevent them from adding ‘New Streamer’ to the media plan?
- How can programmatic boost the value of ad breaks in premium streaming television: access to more buying marketplaces via header bidding, unified view of demand sources, etc…?
- What additional value does targeting provide when custom advertiser segments are matched against first-party publisher data, like finding existing customers or lookalikes?
- What practical fixes can a streaming service implement, near-term, that will help demonstrate advertising ROI and so encourage more investment in premium video?
- If we want to increase yield for premium video inventory, what other measures do we need to prioritise: more direct activation, better short-term attribution, etc…?
- Data-driven improvements in ad performance and efficiency should boost $-per-viewer when streaming, so if broadcast share of audience can be replicated in digital, do channels make more money than ever?