Panel: D2C and connected TV – a marriage made in heaven
Thursday 22 October 2020
09:40 – 10:20
- What drives a content owner to pick up the phone to a connected TV platform provider/device maker and what are the deal makers and deal breakers when they try to agree ‘carriage’?
- What is the value of a streaming content curator who delivers a ‘multi-channel’ bouquet to connected TV platforms – why do content owners need them, and why do platforms partner with them rather than work individually with each ‘channel’?
- How important is connected TV as a way to reach audiences for marketers; How important is connected TV for ad monetisation of content; How can connected TV improve on both fronts?
- Some streaming services could appear on Pay TV or free-to-air STBs as well as connected TV platforms: are there any reasons they should favour CTV carriage or encourage viewing via CTV (like ad monetisation, subscription share deals, data sharing, prominence, etc.)?
- What more can connected TV platforms do to ensure streaming services and their content are found by consumers, that engagement is maximised, and that distribution via CTV is adequately rewarded?
- Will the proliferation of studio and sports D2C services strengthen connected TV at the expense of ‘traditional’ Pay TV, as this premium content becomes available outside the traditional pay wall?
Moderator: Colin Dixon, Founder and Chief Analyst, nScreen Media