Panel: D2C and connected TV – a marriage made in heaven
Thursday 22 October 2020
09:20 – 10:05
- What drives a content owner to pick up the phone to a connected TV platform provider/device maker and what are the deal makers and deal breakers when they try to agree ‘carriage’?
- What is the value of a streaming content curator who delivers a ‘multi-channel’ bouquet to connected TV platforms – why do content owners need them, and why do platforms partner with them rather than work individually with each ‘channel’?
- How important is connected TV as a way to reach audiences for marketers; How important is connected TV for ad monetisation of content; How can connected TV improve on both fronts?
- Some streaming services could appear on Pay TV or free-to-air STBs as well as connected TV platforms: are there any reasons they should favour CTV carriage or encourage viewing via CTV (like ad monetisation, subscription share deals, data sharing, prominence, etc.)?
- What more can connected TV platforms do to ensure streaming services and their content are found by consumers, that engagement is maximised, and that distribution via CTV is adequately rewarded?
- Will the proliferation of studio and sports D2C services strengthen connected TV at the expense of ‘traditional’ Pay TV, as this premium content becomes available outside the traditional pay wall?