Panel: Blending streaming and broadcast: app stores and beyond
Wednesday 21 October 2020
12:10 – 12:50
- Is there a growing role for linear streamed (IP) content on STBs and what is the best way to present it – do we need them within a hybrid broadcast/streaming EPG?
- A modern UX seamlessly links linear and on-demand, making it easy to move between the two, but will the lines blur further with customised and personal linear schedules made from VOD assets?
- What are the main challenges when breaking down app/service/platform siloes in order to provide universal search and recommendation?
- What more can content owners and platforms do, including at metadata or UX level, to ensure direct and seamless journeys between linear and on-demand content, in both directions?
- What are the pros and cons of using ‘global’ app stores like Google Play Store, Metrological, Vewd, etc., for availability and ongoing maintenance of apps within a set-top box environment?
Moderator: David Price, Principal, Scala Advisors