27 March 2019
16:00 – 17:30
- Maximising the rights value of premium sport, including expanded live coverage, behind-the-scenes extras and ‘life with a sports star’
- Hybrid subscription and advertising models – understanding when content is best monetized with advertising or subscription
- Re-evaluating the content mix – how broadcasters and platform owners attract younger viewers, and how SVOD giants attract older ones.
- How production companies and studios can make direct-to-consumer work
- Windowing strategies that could generate new revenues, including the potential for premium pre-broadcast or post catch-up digital windows
- Nurturing new content genres and ‘build-your-own-sports’ – what is left that has not yet been exploited?
- Digital-first distribution strategies that help rights holders and content owners reach new and younger audiences
- The role of digital and ‘terrestrial’ in providing free sports coverage and ancillary content – reaching beyond the pay wall to new fans
- The potential impact of 5G on multiscreen consumption and reach – and innovation opportunities where consumers have 5G coverage.